< Michellencarrom ~fashion is passing but style is forever~

名前:
場所: Singapore

a very very bored, boring and bothersome person. I hate those who irritate but I am an irritant to some as well.

Life Goal
You don't need too many goals in life. I just have one. To travel around the world, ie go to every part of the world. All other things that seem like goals, are merely means to an end. Well, of course, if I like that place, I would like to go there again.

Travel Goals
Summer 2004: Bangkok
Winter 2004: Hong Kong
Summer 2005: Ohio, New York, Florida, Taipei
Winter 2005: Taiwan
Spring 2006: 東京。大阪。京都。姫路。神户
July 2006: Macau, Hong Kong
April 2007: Taipei
June 2007: Bangkok
September 2007: Beijing
September 2007: Cruise to Penang & Phuket
October 2007: LAX
January 2008: Vancouver
February 2008: San Francisco, Arizona, Nevada
March 2008:: Rosarito Mexico, San Francisco
April 2008: San Diego
May 2008: Solvang, Long Beach

Wants to Eat At
Ikoi, Miramar Hotel
Shashlik, Far East Shopping
Just Greens, New Bridge Rd
Bosses, Vivocity
Basil Alcove, Fortune Centre
Ma Maison, Bugis Junction
MOF, My Izakaya
White Dog Cafe, VivoCity
Sun Dining, Chijmes
Bottle Tree Village, Sembawang
Sun and Moon Cafe, Wheelock Place
Aerin's, Raffles City
Noodle House Ken, Orchard
En Japanese, Mohd Sultan
Shunjuu
Front Row, Ann Siang Hill
Da Paolo, Jln Merah Saga
Miharu Ramen, Gallery Hotel
Blue Magnolia
Curdory Cafe, Vivo City
Tampopo, Liang Court
Menotti, Raffles City
Red, White & Pure, VivoCity
Jang Won, Mosque Street
Shimbashi Soba, wherever
Bottle Tree @ Khatib
Blooie's
Japanese restaurants in CENTRAL

The Stinking Rose, Beverly Hills
Blue Marlin, West LA
Akane Chaya, Redondo Beach

|| QUOTEWORTY ||

fashion is passing but style is forever

|| GONNA WATCH ||

1. Jiawei's Showcase

2. Phantom of the Opera

3. Mayday Concert

4. King Lear

5. 李大傻

6. 天冷就回来

|| LISTENING TO ||

K ~ Music in my Life
Chemistry
Exile

|| WANTS ||

1. Lose weight!

|| FRIENDS ||

~liting~
~joanne~
~peiting~
~wingyee~
~jingkai~
~jeff~
~hoi~
~ps~
~serena~
~chris~
~gera~
~Hot Potato!~
~Jeanie~
~ahnasews~
~Jiapei***
~Ah Nam
*** Highly Recommended!

|| FLIPBACK ||

|| DESIGNER ||

j e r m a e n

MICHELLENCARROM... i am a 御宅女!

土曜日, 6月 26, 2004
my love-HATE relationship with these people (Eps 2)

The woman carrying the tote bag/the man who reads his "lian he wan bao"/the fogey who leans on the pole/the man who can't sit properly and sits with his legs wide open/the male student who nods his head right side-left side/the auntie who rushes into the train before i step out and push me/The man (or woman) who pretends to be sleeping and continues to pretend not to see an elderly folk walks into the train/the woman who keeps staring at my books/the men who stare at the woman who just entered the train/the kids or adolescents who sit on the floor by the door/the couple hugging each other and carassing each other at two-seaters/The men with BO/And those people who are much taller than you.

Sometimes I just can't help but feel the MRT train is a comedic play on show everyday. I mean, if you just enter the train and observe the people around you, you can't help but roll your eyes or swear under your breath. At other times you can't suppress your laughter.

My main mode of transport is the MRT because I live in such an unaccessible part of Singapore that it does not make economic sense to build a bus station near enough that I can have another choice of transport. Everybody in my neighbourhood either:

1) Drives
2) Takes the MRT
3) Walks OR
4) Rots at home

I met another weirdo on the train today. What's new?

A couple came in at Bukit something station. The woman sat down beside me and held the guy's hand. The guy stood in front of her. No, this is perfectly ok. Nothing disturbing at all. The disturbing part was, instead of keeping her eyes on her guy, her head was turned to the right, and her eyes were on me.

Is there something wrong with me?

Did I forget to button?
No... I wasn't wearing a button-shirt...

Did I have face piercing?
No... I don't have the guts to...

Did I look like Fann Wong/Jolin Tsai/Zhang Ziyi/or any oher perceived beauties?
No... I am not a perceived beauty.

I turned to look back at her. And she was still looking at me. Then I turned to Calvin and mumbled.

M: Hey...she's looking at me

C: Yah I noticed that also.

*Shrugs shoulders*. Anything. Fine. You're not the only freaks/weirdos/irritants I've met on the train anyway.

Some of the other freaks/weirdos/irritants that are worthy of a 2nd mention (see above) shall be given due mention here.


Irritant One: The man who can't sit properly and sits with his legs wide open

I do understand why you can't close your legs but I can't understand why you must keep shaking your legs. No matter how much I hint, like shifting around in discomfort in my seat, you still continue to open your legs wide-wide. You insensitive BRUTE!!! The worst thing to do, ladies, when you meet this kind of irritant, is to sit with your legs cross. This gives the man-who-can't-sit-properly more space to open his legs even wider.

Irritant Two: The fogey who leans on the pole

It's not about pole dance but I hate it when some sweaty smelly men leans on the pole leaving no place for me to hold on. Sometimes I wish I can detach the pole and smack it at their faces. The even more irritating ones are those who lean on the pole even when I was holding on to it in the first place. And they lean on my hand. The next time I'm gonna wear rings with stones poking out of it. I mean those stones u pick up on the beach... when you walk barefooted on the soft sand, and then suddenly there is a spoiler stone that you step on and go "OUCH!".

Come on, lean on me. Arghhhhh!!!

Irritant Three: The man (or woman) who pretends to be sleeping and continues to pretend not to see an elderly folk/pregnant woman walks into the train

Arghhh.... it's always me who is not sleeping on the train. And when an elderly folk walks in, I feel so guilty for not standing up and letting the elderly folk sit. I admit once or twice I didn't do it... But I'll do it from now on. But that's also provided I manage to grab a seat in the first place!!! Why is it that the person sitting under the "Please give up your seat to the elderly or the needy" sign is ALWAYS, without fail, EYES CLOSE AND FAST ASLEEP!?!?!?! And this people happen to be robust looking men. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against man, I want to think it is pure coincidence. But looking at how dirty the glass panes are, you know it's the men's fault. Greasy or Gel-like substance. EEEEEkkkssss. Given ladies are generally better well-groomed (just a generalisation), it can't be the female who are guilty. Then who are we left with to shift the blame? Well. Ok. So, Warning: Do NOT lean against the glass pane when you're sitting down ladies. Lots of GREASE. Think Oil. Not John Travolta.

Irritant Four: The man/woman who keeps staring at my books

No there isn't a typo. Not boobs. but BOOKS. Yes. I am a selfish Singaporean and I don't like to share. Stop Staring at my booKs!!!

Irritant Five: Those people who are much taller than you.

The train has made me claustrophobic. Yes. I am. The only possible reason why I dislike the fact that I am so short is because of my bad experiences in the train. Being surrounded by people, and you feel you're in a well. Try the train in peak hours.

Even worst when you're surrounded by MEN, who are tall. Like well above 1.75m. The only possible reason why I would dislike tall men is because, well, the air down here isn't that fresh. Yes. even in the morning. Let's not even talk about the evening peak period.


Ok. There is one last strange encounter on the train that I have to write about here. Just yesterday, this guy sitting beside me kept sweeping his face. He did it like, 5 times in every 10 seconds??? That was irritating. Although it had nothing to do with me, but from the corner of my left eye and from the left ear, I could see and hear that sweeping motion. The worst thing is, he kept on leaning towards me..... argggghhh. I wanted to laugh out loud and say "Mister, stop sweeping your face. You're making it dirtier. Beware of acne. All the germs and bacteria on your hand. ACNE!" But what the heck it was my stop and I made a hasty exit.

arghhhhh... Michelle. Save up to buy the Pajero Mini/Morris Minor you want ok. Make it your goal. Then you can write about all the other annoying people on the road. Like those people who like to tail-gate you, or overtake you from the left.

ラベル:

0 Comments:

コメントを投稿

|| LITTLE WONDERS ~ ROB THOMAS ||

|| LITTLE WONDERS ~ lyrics ||

let it go, let it roll right off your shoulder
don’t you know the hardest part is over
let it in, let your clarity define you
in the end we will only just remember how it feels

our lives are made in these small hours
these little wonders, these twists & turns of fate
time falls away, but these small hours,
these small hours still remain

let it slide, let your troubles fall behind you
let it shine until you feel it all around you
and i don’t mind
if it’s me you need to turn to
we’ll get by,
it’s the heart that really matters in the end

our lives are made in these small hours
these little wonders, these twists & turns of fate
time falls away, but these small hours,
these small hours still remain

all of my regret will wash away some how
but i can not forget
the way i feel right now

in these small hours
these little wonders
these twists & turns of fate
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away but these small hours
these small hours, still remain,
still remain
these little wonders
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away
but these small hours
these little wonders still remain

|| GREAT SIGHTS! ||

Tsukiji Market, Tokyo
Unglam pockets @ Kegon Falls, Nikko National park. 40 mins away lies a ski resort & one can tell... I was inadequately dressed. I swear the temperature was a freezing 2 Degrees Celsius on that mountain.

Taipei 101, Christmas 2005
Niagara Falls with Meverly
Me, Pam, Meverly, Xueli with our Passports ready to explore Niagara Falls!
Chicago Car 2 (Xueli, Me, Angela, Gera, Josh) @ Millennium Park!

Me on top of a building, on top of our truck in front of Sears Tower


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
simplicity